Thursday, May 29, 2008

Biological washing powders 'don't cause eczema'

Biological washing powders do not irritate the skin or cause eczema, according to new research.
The idea that bio detergent can trigger skin reactions is a myth that has no scientific basis.
The powders and liquids contain enzymes that "digest" dirt and stains at low temperatures.
But Dr Sarah Wakelin, a dermatologist at St Mary's Hospital, London, said: "We have found that laundry detergents are not a cause of skin irritation or allergy."

Source: www.mirror.co.uk

5 comments:

Does Invisalign Work said...

This is such great information! I love reading your blog and your unique perspective on the topic of skin care...all of the information is so useful and relevant. I recently started using glycolic acid products in my skin care regime and my skin has never felt better. I found loads of useful information about glycolic acid at http://aboutglycolicacid.com --- hopefully this info can help your readers as much as it helped me! Take care and thanks again for the great blog!

eczema free forever said...

From now on. I will be more careful in choosing a washing powder. I don't want my family to suffer in having eczema.

yeast infection natural treatment said...

We must be mindful of the products we are using in order to prevent health and beauty problems. Its good to ask the help of an expert first before taking your first step.

hair products said...

great information! I will be more careful in choosing a washing powder. i think we need to be more careful while choosing any products whether skin products or
beauty products or any other products which make effect on your body and health. that will make assure to be healthy and beautiful.

online medicine store said...

Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.